Training is a key step in the Partner School journey.
The Positivity Project empowers Partner Schools with the resources, strategy, and training to successfully teach students about positive relationships and character strengths. We offer a variety of options to meet your training needs, such as on-demand training included in your partnership, in-person training, and live virtual training.
Want to connect with the P2 team to discuss your training needs? Click the button below to complete a short survey, and we’ll be in touch within 48 business hours.
Training Included in Annual Partnership
Even if you’re unable to attend an in-person event, we make sure that you’re able to prepare your staff through training that is included in your annual partnership. This includes the P2 100 Video to kick off the school year, P2 for Educators for ongoing professional learning throughout the school year, and Monthly Virtual Overview Sessions with our School Success Coordinators. And please remember, if you have any questions about implementing P2 in your building — we’re just an email, phone call, or text message away.
P2 100 Video
The purpose of the P2 100 Video is to train your school’s entire staff in 3 hours or less — at a time of your choosing — to understand (a) the research driving P2 and (b) how to successfully implement the P2. It features 50 minutes, broken into 8 separate videos, of P2 co-founder Mike Erwin directly teaching the research behind positive psychology, character strengths, and the importance of relationships. Following Mike’s 8 videos, we have included videos of our Ed Tech Coordinator explaining how to access P2 resources — and videos of “P2 in Action” at partner elementary, middle, and high schools. We provide step-by-step instructions for how to successfully lead this training. (NOTE: The P2 100 Video link is here. If you need help accessing it, please contact email@example.com)
P2 for Educators
P2 for Educators consists of a series of presentations and resources designed to purposefully bring the benefits of The Positivity Project to school professionals. The purpose of P2 for Educators is to enhance school culture and individual well-being by deliberately engaging staff members, as adults, on the importance of positive relationships and character strengths in their own lives. These sessions create a time and place for educators to learn, discuss, and plan future actions based on current research connected to education, positive psychology, and the cultivation of individual and collective well-being. (NOTE: Link for Partner School educators is here and P2 for Educators can also be found in our Resources Library)
3 Slides is designed for P2 educators. It includes topics such as The Science of Gratitude and Seeing Our Students. And, it can be completed in as little as 10 minutes. 3 Slides guides school leaders in integrating P2 into regular meetings, thereby enhancing staff interest in P2, raising awareness, and amplifying its positive influence on the overall school culture. Test out “The Lasting Power of a Sticky Note” or view all 3 Slides resources here.
Monthly Virtual Overview Sessions
The first Tuesday of every month at 11 am EST, and the first Wednesday of every month at 3 pm EST, from April through December, P2 School Success Coordinators will provide a 45-minute P2 overview for Partner School leaders, who may also ask questions regarding their own school’s P2 implementation. Sign up for your session here.
- This concept is exactly what students need right now. The focus on other people and interacting with people to find happiness is profound for today's youth.Teacher, P2 100 Grand Blanc Attendee
- I leave a LOT of seminars wishing for my time back. This one, I left and wished I had another day of it all! I think this is going to make a difference one school and one child at a time.Teacher, P2 100 Syracuse Attendee
- We believe that The Positivity Project is a necessary investment not only for our students but also for ourselves as educators and leaders in our community.Erin Waer, Principal at Boris Elementary
- P2 aligns perfectly. The delivery of the program is engaging, mindful of student attention spans, well suited to fit into the school day, and elicits thoughtful responses.Ann Spring, 2nd Grade Teacher at The Academy at Belle
- Kindergarten students were raising their hands and using the words “Integrity,” “Perseverance,” and “Gratitude”…Ms. Saleh’s students use these words with such tenacity and it seems so natural to them.Heather Sutton, ELL Teacher at Douglas Elementary